Rapidly increasing crime rates has become one of the major issues in today’s world. Every homeowner worries about thefts, burglaries security breaches, etc. Appointing a security guard is not enough as no human can provide uninterrupted security round the clock. Hence, a closed-circuit television, also known as a CCTV camera system, is a must.
Everyone is well-aware about the benefits of a CCTV system. There are various types of CCTV cameras offered by security system providers, and people can select the best one based on their needs and budget. But is merely installing a security surveillance camera enough to avoid mishaps? No, a CCTV system needs regular maintenance to deliver optimum security.
Usually, the company from which you choose to buy the system provides after-service. However, due to COVID-19, the country is under lockdown, and all such services are shut for the time being. But don’t worry, we have got you covered. Read the following article to learn simple ways to ensure that your CCTV surveillance system is well-maintained.
- Clean-up you lens – Dirt on the camera lens causes the majority of the issues that lead to a deteriorated video quality. Even if you buy the best CCTV camera system, you can’t stop dirt from accumulating on the lens. However, you can clean it, and here is a simple step-by-step guide on how to do it-
What do you need?
- Clean microfiber cloth
- Compressed air can
- Lens cleaner solution
How to clean?
- First, you need to switch off the CCTV camera unit.
- Now blow-off the dust layer with the compressed air can or your mouth.
- Wipe the lens clean with the microfiber cloth, remember to do it with gentle pressure without causing damage to the lens.
- Wet the microfiber cloth with the cleaner solution and wipe the lens clean. It will make the lens smudge-free.
- Trim the landscape – If you want to have an extensive oversight of your premises, then you must minimise the obstructions. Maintain the height of bushes and trees by trimming them time-to-time.
- Check the power supply – To ensure the uninterrupted working of a CCTV camera system, you must regularly check if the power supply is intact. In the case of a UPS, you need to ensure the battery is charged. Also, check whether the camera is maintained at the recommended voltage. In case it is not, your camera might malfunction and fail to operate.
- Clean your DVR – A DVR usually gets covered with layers of dust over time if left unattended, and this can affect its performance. Make sure you wipe your DVR system regularly to avoid dust from settling on it.
Apart from these parts, there are several other things that need to be checked, maintained, and updated in a CCTV camera to ensure its better performance but for that, you will need the help of a professional. However, until the lockdown gets lifted, you can stick to this routine to keep your security system intact.